Lucky Crickets [Luck]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Christmas Celebration!!!

4 posters

Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty A Christmas Celebration!!!

Post  master riskk Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 am

Well guys, I realize it's a month and 10 days away, but if we start planning now we can have a really great celebration for Christmas (this is of course assuming you wanna celebrate, but I figure any excuse to waste built up party items is worth it). So I figure we shouldn't do it on Christmas day because everyone will be with family I'm assuming, but the date can be finalized later. What we should start doing is thinking about/planning/getting ready for whatever we want to do as a guild and/or alliance.

My personal thoughts were having several games going on throughout the day (that way everyone can have a chance for some guild fun no matter their schedule). Also, I figured with prizes put up by me and hopefully some other officers or anyone else we could have a couple cool tournaments (probably open that up to the alliance for more people). We throw in some guild partying in between the events and games and it should be a great time.

So basically I just set this topic up so that everyone had a place to get their thoughts out about what you would like to do so that we can finalize everything for everyone to have a lot of fun. I'm thinking in terms of the tournament/s we could have separate tournaments with maybe 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, 8v8 assuming we have enough numbers. But let me know what yall think of everything and the sooner we know what we wanna do, the sooner I can start farming if I get time so that I have enough money to blow it all on a killer in-game party (closest I get to a real party now that I'm at the military academy Sad they take away all my fun haha).

-noah (master riskk/the galway great/.........)

A Christmas Celebration!!! Winter10
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty Re: A Christmas Celebration!!!

Post  master riskk Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:34 am

Just thought of another fun competition. Best screen shot and there could be several categories like most epicly awesome, most Christmas spirit-ish, best guild representing (as in showing somethin epic and having one or a group wearing the guild cape). I don't know just another little thing that could be interesting.
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty :)

Post  Oscar Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:28 am

Oscar

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty Main Event: 1v1 Tournament

Post  master riskk Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:44 am

The main event for the Christmas celebration will be an alliance wide 1v1 Tournament. The date for this is *tenatively* Sunday, 20 December, the time it will start at will be decided a little closer to the tournament, after I have a good idea of what everyone's time zone is. Here's the basics for the tournament. 1k buy-in, gotta sign up via this forum, prizes will be awarded to at LEAST the top 3 but depending on the number of entrants there may be more prizes and/or a separate bracket for people who get knocked out fighting for a consolation prize. To sign up you list the name of your character/s you'll be entering on this forum topic and get your 1k buy-in to either myself (preferably to make it easier to keep track of) or another [Luck] officer/GL. Specific rules will be listed below, and as the sponsor of the tournament my rules are law (haha now i feel important) and I reserve the right to handle any issues and add to rules if/when necessary, which I hopefully shouldn't have to do. Join up, the more people the more fun and the better the prizes. Prizes will be announced ASAP, when they are finalized but trust me they will be more than worth it. Anyway, the rules are below:

Rules:
  1. 1v1 (should be pretty obvious).
    [list=2]
  2. No consumable type items or anything similar to boost stats.
    [list=3]
  3. You can enter as many characters as you want (1k buy-in PER character).
    [list=4]
  4. I will set up the tournament bracketts and do it completely randomly, the only exception to this being that I will do my best to ensure that those people who enter multiple characters will not start off against themselves.
    [list=5]
  5. In the event that a player with multiple characters has 2 toons come against eachother in the bracketts, they will decide which toon moves on and tell either myself or another officer/GL. ONLY the one the player decides moves on will remain in the tournament, the other will be eliminated.
    [list=6]
  6. Running around to avoid a fight is boring and hence not allowed. Note that this does not include a trapper build running the enemy through a set of traps or a similar strategy. Just no "I'm almost dead so I'm gonna run from the dude so I don't get hit and can go heal myself" because that's lame and boring.
    [list=7]
  7. If 2 characters cannot finish a fight (ie an exceedingly long battle) and both refuse to forfeit: either 1. if both agree, the current battle will stop and henchmen will be added. Or, 2. characters will choose alternate toons to fight on and the winner's original toon will continue in the tournament. So basically there's your tie-breaker.

That's all the rules I think are necessary. Start signing up.

Last edited by master riskk on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty PRIZES FOR WINNERS

Post  master riskk Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:41 am

Alright, you all know a good tournament is worth it just for the fun (maybe not), but some good prizes sure help make it better. So, here's what's up with the prizes.

If there are MORE than 20 toons entered into the tournament, 1st place gets his/her CHOICE of cash + mats for full set of his/her choice of any prestige armor (except for obsidian, sorry not that rich) or some normal armor if you really want it OR all the money from the buy-in fees + stack of dwarven ale (or equivalent cash if preferred). With 25 or more toons 2nd place will get the option the 1st place does not choose, plus there will be a consolation bracket with more prizes.

If there are less than 20 toons the prizes won't be as awesome, but still won't be too shabby. 1st place will get choice of cash from entrance fees, keg of aged hunter's ale, or a mini shiro. 2nd place will get the next choice, and 3rd will get what's left.

Note: Prizes always have the potential to get more awesome (say some other nice people decide to put some more into it), but they will never get less awesome (because that just wouldn't be fun). So basically, be awesome and go try to get that set of prestige armor.

Sign up, because you know you want some fun or just because you don't want me to have enough money afterwards to go get some sweet armor for myself :-P

A Christmas Celebration!!! Assass12
This could be you!
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty :O

Post  Bongo Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Haha finally "had time" to check forums! Where I can sign in for this tourny? -Bongo
Bongo
Bongo

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty ME ME ME XD

Post  Oscar Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:37 pm

i will be entering the torny on my char: Of A Heart Of Gold Smile

Oscar

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty Btw

Post  Oscar Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Heros can no longer be added into a scrimmage. so the rule about that is no good Razz so will have to use a choice of henchies instead Smile

Oscar

Back to top Go down

Post  master riskk Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Oscar wrote:Heros can no longer be added into a scrimmage. so the rule about that is no good Razz so will have to use a choice of henchies instead Smile

haha yeeeaaaaaaa.....my bad :-) but its all fixed now :-D
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

Post  master riskk Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Bongo wrote:Haha finally "had time" to check forums! Where I can sign in for this tourny? -Bongo

To sign up it's real simple, you just do what oscar did and throw your name out on this forum then get me your entrance fee/s before the tournament. After a couple more people sign up on here I'll probably put a list up on here of who all is entered and who still owes or has paid.

Don't forget to spread the word and keep talking about the tournament until everyone is so annoyed they decide to sign up just so everyone shuts up xD haha
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty - Winner -

Post  Bongo Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:26 pm

I'll join with character : M O D I E
Bongo
Bongo

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty Contestants

Post  master riskk Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:52 pm

This is just gonna be a post where I keep track of who's signed up and who's paid, I'll keep editing it as people keep joining.

Of A Heart Of Gold-NOT PAID
M O D I E-NOT PAID
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wrath Of Odin Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Ill register as soon as i figure out what toon to enter
The Wrath Of Odin
The Wrath Of Odin
Admin

http://luckycrickets.turtle-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Oscar Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:34 pm

heyy cant we just pay on the day? if not talk to me n i wil giv u the money Very Happy

Oscar

Back to top Go down

Post  master riskk Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:11 am

Oscar wrote:heyy cant we just pay on the day? if not talk to me n i wil giv u the money Very Happy

The reason I want people to pay at least a day before is because that way I know for sure who is going to join so that I can get the brackets ready and don't have to do a zillion last minute entries, but that being said, late entries will be thrown in (I hate to exclude people), I just want to minimize the adjustments I have to make to the brackets last minute.
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wrath Of Odin Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Well im in and ill give ya 2k and register 2 toons i think just dont know which yet i will tell you really really soon Razz
The Wrath Of Odin
The Wrath Of Odin
Admin

http://luckycrickets.turtle-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  scynthe, Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 pm

sign my up with one char, ill pay u next time i see you online

scynthe,

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Celebration!!! Empty 1v1 tourny buy in

Post  eos freya Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

ok I will enter these characters

U Tank I Heal, Pablo Cheez, and Shdow Of Mine Heart

eos freya

Back to top Go down

Post  master riskk Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 pm

This is just gonna be a post where I keep track of who's signed up and who's paid, I'll keep editing it as people keep joining.

Of A Heart Of Gold-NOT PAID
M O D I E-NOT PAID
U Tank I Heal-NOT PAID
Pablo Cheez-NOT PAID
Shdow Of Mine Heart-NOT PAID
Scynthe (1 char)-NOT PAID
Odin toon 1-PAID
Odin toon 2-PAID
Odin toon 3-PAID
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down