Lucky Crickets [Luck]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1v1 Tournament

3 posters

Go down

1v1 Tournament Empty 1v1 Tournament

Post  master riskk Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Alright guys there was some interest in game about having a 1v1 tournament as an event. It will be a 1k buy in, winner gets all AND a stack of dwarven ale (50k value). Sign up here. Tournament will be on Saturday, May 30th. Must sign up on here and get me or another [Luck] officer/GL the 1k buy in no later than the 29th. I'll create the brackets for the tournament when we figure out who all will be in it. Start time will be determined later but probably 12 PM (US-EST) so that everyone will be awake.
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

1v1 Tournament Empty Re: 1v1 Tournament

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 8:57 pm

joining with Mira Base

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 9:02 pm

I join on my warrior:D

Back to top Go down

Post  master riskk Sun May 03, 2009 11:52 pm

This post is in response to some questions people thought of in the alliance chat so that everyone can see the answers and I won't have to answer the same questions a million times haha.

Will you be allowed to sign up multiple characters?[b]
Yes, you will be able to sign up multiple characters to fight in the 1v1 tournament. It will be a 1k PER CHARACTER entrance fee. However, if your characters come to face eachother in the tournament, you will have to decide which one goes on and which one is out of the tournament.

Will you be allowed to change your build between fights?[b]
Yes, you are allowed to change your characters build between fights. That will help out those of you who are paranoid someone is going to watch you to try and beat your build.

How will the tournament be set up?
As soon as I know everyone that is going to participate in the tournament (see your name(s) posted in this forum and have your entrance fee), I will randomly assign every entered character to a slot in a standard single elimination tournament bracket. If you win a battle you move on etc, if you lose you're done (depending on the number of people entered there MIGHT be a consolation bracket with prizes as well). All 1st round fights will be fought as close to the same time as possible, both players entering the "scrimmage mode" as soon as they're ready. The 2nd round will not be fought until ALL matches in the 1st round are concluded. There will most likely be small breaks between each round.

Are there any special rules, limitations, or restrictions?
Nope. If it's allowable in GW it's allowable for the tourney. As long as it's 1v1 everything else is fair game. I should probably clarify though that as the sponsor of this event if anything does come up that I need to deal with, I do reserve the right to edit that.

Prizes??
As I said in the original post, the winner will win all of the 1k entrance fees plus the stack of dwarven ales that I'm throwing in. In addition, I have decided that if there are a good number of people in the tournament there will be good decently-valued prizes for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places (possibly a choice of several things). Also, if there are an exceedingly good number of people in the tournament, I will set up a consolation bracket for those who lose in the regular bracket, and those winners will receive prizes as well (although obviously not as good or expensive as the others). Anyone who wants to contribute to the prizes or cash prizes can contact me on here or in-game.

If there are anymore questions feel free to ask on this forum. You can also private message me on here or in-game.
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2009 4:17 pm

I'll Join! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 05, 2009 12:06 am

ill join, let me know closer to date of event who to pay,
wil be on my derv

Back to top Go down

1v1 Tournament Empty 1v1 Tourney Entry

Post  Ygrezen Demonce [_] Wed May 06, 2009 2:25 pm

I am in for the 1v1 Tourney. I'll contact Atticus in game.

PvP character: Fyre of Sky
Ygrezen Demonce [_]
Ygrezen Demonce [_]

http://risingfyre.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  master riskk Thu May 07, 2009 10:23 pm

This is where I'll start keeping track of everybody who's signing up and who has paid. I'll just start editting the post when I need to, it will just make it easier for me.

Chief Atticus-Paid
Fyre of Sky-PAID
Zodiac Worm('s derv)-To Be Paid
Ecthelion Culnamo-To Be Paid
The Mad Old Warrior-Paid
Jack Gangly-Paid
Marshmallow Jack-Paid
Knox Knox Scrubs-Paid
Jack Spindles-Paid
Wicker Jack-Paid

Bob the Larry Spand('s derv)-Paid
Wtb Big Mac-Paid
Tyr Of Death-Not Paid
Minerva Erinyes-Not Paid
Adreese Grim-Not Paid

Last edited by master riskk on Fri May 22, 2009 6:04 am; edited 6 times in total
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 10, 2009 10:52 pm

hey its bob the larry spand, and i am submitting my dervish

Back to top Go down

1v1 Tournament Empty I'll enter with..

Post  Jackgang Sun May 10, 2009 11:05 pm

I intend to win. Earnest ego ftw.

Jack Gangly
Marshmallow Jack
Knox Knox Scrubs
Jack Spindles
Wicker Jack

Jackgang

Back to top Go down

1v1 Tournament Empty I''ll be entering with

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2009 8:35 pm

my mesmer
no character name yet (currently "wtb big mac" but subject to change)
will be paying sortly

Last edited by angelic blankie on Thu May 14, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating purposes and typo fix)

Back to top Go down

Post  master riskk Thu May 14, 2009 3:37 am

Prize Update
Due to a very generous offer from a non-alliance member, the prizes have changed. Provided that there are at least 25 entries into the 1v1 Tournament, the winner will receive the elite armor of his choice (excluding obsidian armor). 2nd place will receive his or her choice of either the stack of dwarven ale or the entrance fees, and 3rd place will receive the other option. If more than 30 people enter into the tournament there will be a consolation bracket with more prizes.

Last edited by master riskk on Fri May 22, 2009 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
master riskk
master riskk

Back to top Go down

1v1 Tournament Empty I''m in

Post  The Wrath Of Odin Thu May 14, 2009 6:12 pm

I'll join in Tyr Of Death might get another one later but idk yet
The Wrath Of Odin
The Wrath Of Odin
Admin

http://luckycrickets.turtle-forum.net

Back to top Go down

1v1 Tournament Empty 1v1 Sign up

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2009 12:20 am

Sign me up!

I'll be using my main char Minerva Erinyes, and probably my sin .

: )

Back to top Go down

Post  A. Grim Wed May 20, 2009 3:11 am

i'll sign up with my necro Adreese Grim (my interenet browsers are messed sry for all the bother earlier)

A. Grim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Adreese Grim payed me 1k
you'll get that later Riskk Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Curatio Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 am

Hey all,

If you haven't heard yet, I'm providing the winner of the tournament with a set of armor

I'd like to clarify on what "a set of armor" means as I'm sure there might be some confusion

I'll be providing all gold and materials required to craft 5 armor pieces (Headgear, Chest, Gloves, Leggings, Shoes)

You can mix and match, or just get one entire set of elite armor (or normal armor if you insist).

However, I have some limitations with my playing time and how much I can put into this fund.

I can provide up to 5 armor pieces (explained above) from any armor set except Obsidian (Sorry folks, I'm not made of gold, though I wish I was hehe)

Yes, this means Vabbian or Elite Kurzick (probably the two most expensive in the game right now besides Obsidian)

Also, there are special types of armor pieces and below I'll list which ones I will be able to provide and which ones I can't:

Bandana: Yes

Blindfold: Maybe (If you don't mind waiting a few weeks for the headgear, I can provide it. The problem is that the 50 Diessa Chalices will take me some time to obtain as my playing time is pretty low lately with the end of the school year and tests popping up left and right. It might take me a month maximum)

Crown: Yes

Dread Mask: Same as Blindfold

Mask of the Mo Zing: No

Nord Woads: Yes

Slim/Tinted/Normal Spectacles: Yes

Chaos Gloves: No

Dragon Gauntlets: Yes

Glacial Gauntlets: No

Stone Gauntlets: Yes

Destroyer Gauntlets: No

I can't buy the armor for you for obvious reasons (it's customized). This is why I'm only providing all the gold and materials necessary. Getting to the armor crafter or getting rank 5 in Norn/Ebon Vanguard/Asuran/Deldrimor is up to you since I can't do that for you.

When the tournament is over, tell Riskk what armor pieces you want (or what armor set if you're getting it all from one set) and he'll be notifying me as soon as possible. I'll try to get in contact with either the winner or Riskk and provide the prize.

Also, one last note, I'm more than willing to give away dyes for the armor that I have in stock (I keep all my dyes), but unfortunately, I'm out of Black and White dyes. I have plenty of everything else, though.

Hopefully this clears things up a little. I'll be happy to answer any more questions.

Good luck to the competitors!

Curatio

Back to top Go down

Post  Curatio Fri May 22, 2009 7:20 am

Oh, one last thing. If the winner decides they don't want an armor set, Riskk will tell me and we can work something out.

Curatio

Back to top Go down

Post  Red bull Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:06 pm

hey i would join if u tell me which time it is in germany Very Happy
would play 2 characters ( mesmer and dervish)

ign a) El Mahlo
and b) Heilige senze

Red bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down